Motor vehicle accidents cause a large amount of stress. After an accident comes the overwhelming process of getting your vehicle fixed, seeking medical treatment for injuries and missing valuable time from your work and family. Dealing with insurance companies on top of that can be enough to send you over the edge. Insurance adjusters will go to outstanding lengths in order to prevent you from seeking legal action.
Hiring a personal injury lawyer to represent you puts a qualified advocate that knows how to deal with the hardball tactics of insurance adjusters in your corner. No matter how minor or major the auto accident is, we take each unique case very seriously because our job is to ease your stress and help you navigate the process of getting the financial compensation, along with the absolute best care, that you deserve.
What Should I do After an Auto Accident?
Being in a car accident can be scary for everyone involved. Here are some helpful tips:
- Immediately following the accident: if your vehicles are not totaled and able to be moved, try to get them to an emergency lane or find somewhere fairly close to the scene to relocate and trade information.
- Call the police and report the accident. Even if it was very minor, you still want to make sure that an auto collision report is filed. This allows documentation of the facts quickly after the accident in order to avoid any errors in the recollection process.
- Receive any necessary medical care for anyone injured. Call an ambulance if needed – or are even in doubt, it is better to be safe than sorry. If the injury is minor enough to wait until after leaving the scene of the accident to visit an emergency room, then you can choose to do that as well. Be cautious that not all injuries are immediately evident and it is important to always make a visit to see a doctor after an auto accident.
- Gather all information necessary – this includes: name, address, phone number, insurance company, policy number, driver’s license number, license plate number, owner of the vehicle (and relationship if different from the driver). It is also very helpful for attorneys and insurance companies if you take photographs of the vehicle and scene and document the accident. If possible, try to get witness contact information.
- Do not discuss your accident or injuries with anyone other than the police, your doctor or your lawyer. Giving statements to insurance representatives without speaking to your lawyer first can severely disrupt, and possibly ruin, your legal case.
- Do not post about your accident on social media.
How Much is my Car Crash Injury Case Worth?
This is a question that any personal injury attorney hears often. But, at the Law Office of Amy M. Davis, there is no exact number – every case is different and unique to you. Your compensation for your case will depend on numerous factors along with the individual details from your case. Your personal injury case is built over time as evidence is collected and your injuries are diagnosed. You may be entitled to receive compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering or reduced earnings due to long-term injuries. At the Law Office of Amy M. Davis, we understand that your case is important and we want to make sure that you get the recovery that you deserve.